Home maintenance tips
In order to maximize your efficiency and actually get all of these tasks done, you might want to create a list of to-dos for yourself. Here is a brief list of tasks to maintain your home, on a monthly, bi-annual and annual basis.
- Clean kitchen sink disposal.The handiest and best all-around solution seems to be vinegar ice cubes. Put some vinegar in an ice tray and let it freeze, then run the ice cubes through the disposal.
- Inspect your fire extinguisher(s) : This inspection doesn’t require much: ensure it has easy access (not being blocked by a garbage can or anything else), such that the gauge shows adequate pressure, and that it has no visible signs of wear and tear.
- Run water and flush toilets in unused spaces.This mostly applies to guest bathrooms, or any other sinks/water sources you don’t use on a regular basis. The idea is to prevent grime or any other kind of build up. Regularly running a little bit of water will prevent this.
- Give your house a deep clean.Take one Saturday every six months with your whole family, and give the whole house a proper scrub. Appliances, windows, dusting every nook and corner, etc. Keeping things clean and not letting dirt/grime accumulate over years will help keep your home in top shape.
Inspect the exterior of your home. Is any paint chipping? Is any siding damaged from winter? Are there any holes in your brick? Take a close look all around your house, and make any repairs as needed. Also be sure to check the foundation for any cracks.
- Get your air conditioning system ready for summer; consider having it serviced.
- Repair/replace damaged window screens.
- Inspect roofing for damage, leaks, etc.Repair as needed; you may need a professional.
- Take care of any insect problems you may have: Ants, spiders, moths, etc. are all common, and fairly easy to take care of. Keep cobwebs clear, have ant poison handy, make sure all doors are tightly closed, etc.
- Tighten any handles, knobs, racks, etc.Go through the house and inspect anything that could have a loose screw.
- Check all locks and deadbolts on your doors and windows.If anything doesn’t work right, replace.
Posted on October 18, 2014, in Real Estate and tagged 2 and 3 BHK Flats in Greater Noida, affordable hoses in Ghaziabad, Builders in noida, Real Estate Developers in Delhi NCR. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.